Meet the Founder, Rhonda Sherwood
Once upon a time, there was girl who grew up in the suburbs of Chicago in the 1960’s and 70’s who was embarrassed that her parents were into “health foods”. That girl is me, Rhonda Sherwood, and today I’ve turned that shame into a passion for toxin-free, healthy living.
Fast forward to the early 2000’s when I was raising three young children with my husband in Connecticut and an avid non-toxic living advocate. My passion ultimately led to my meeting Dr. Philip Landrigan, a pediatrician and chairman of the Department of Preventive Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York city.
Starting in 2007, I served for seven years as vice chairman of the executive board for the most respected environmental health scientists in the world. Whether lecturing at local schools or testifying in Hartford, Connecticut for a ban on flame retardants in children's products, I have been at the forefront of educating others about harmful ingredients in the products we use every day.
Having spent my adult life vigorously protecting my family from toxins, I now want to share that knowledge with you. Not only are there safer lipsticks, baby car seats, and mattresses, there are more effective and enjoyable alternatives. Sherwood Green Life is a lifestyle brand that is so much more that a store because I believe everyone has the right to live a long, healthy and beautiful life. It would be a privilege to help you achieve that goal.
Cheers to healthy choices for a better you.
- Founding Vice Chairman, Mount Sinai Children’s Environmental Health Center Executive Board, 2007 – 2014
- Board member, Mount Sinai Children’s Environmental Health Center Executive Board, 2007 – present
- Co-founder, Greening Our Children benefit luncheon, 2007 - present
- Lecturer, “Simple Steps to Protect Your Family from Toxins Found in Our Everyday World”, 2007 – present
- BSE, Biomedical Engineering degree, Purdue University
- MBA, Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University
- Happily married mother of three wonderful, healthy children